Being Freda

I probably should have started this blog eight years ago, but who knew there'd be a story to tell and that it would affect every aspect of my life, inworld and out?  As they say, hindsight is 20/20 and, just to make sure I use enough platitudes to get us through the day, better late than never.

I have lived a portion of my life as an avatar for just over eight years.  I created Freda Frostbite in Second Life on April 7, 2009.  I was lucky enough to be born in SL before the powers that be saw inexplicably fit to make us give up a piece of our individuality by taking away our family names and saddling us all with the label, Resident, as though each of us is just a tiny cog in the Linden wheel, which, of course, we are, but it's nicer not to acknowledge that fact, isn't it?  Over the last eight years, I have watched SL change and grow and my Freda has changed and grown too.  Most importantly, I've been able to observe how the changes in Freda have affected changes in me, existing in the solid world.  Make no mistake about it, our avatars have meaning that goes far beyond simply being an expression of ourselves.

And that is what this blog is all about.  I hope you'll come back over the weeks and months (possibly years) I spend writing here.  I hope you will take something away from each visit and you will leave something behind in the form of comments.
This is the first pic I ever took of Freda.  It was 2 years after I joined SL.  Before that, I didn't even realize I could take pics of Freda.  I was a slow learner, what can I say? The pic was taken at Night Candy on Stagg Island in SL. 

Freda today in Hikaru, Second Life.

Comments